DPP (Disc Description Protocol) is a file-based format. It has become the industry standard for CD duplicating. Like Red Book (CD), you can embed text (e.g. artist/band name, album title, track titles, UPC/EAN code and individual ISRC codes).
So what are the advantages of DDP over Red Book/CD?
- Easier to verify against the source;
- Less prone to errors then a CDR;
- It’s faithfully, like the artist proposed, unlike a CDR, which can influence the sound of recording;
- It can be transferred over the Internet;
- Most pressing plants only accept DDP.
All DDP images produced are quality controlled using ‘MD5 Checksum’, insuring 100% accuracy.
A DDP image is highly recommend for customers who will be duplicating CDs of their music.
All DDP's are created using the HOFA DDP Creator